Types of Donations
- An outright gift goes to work immediately
- A monthly automatic contribution through your bank or credit card can add up to a significant annual gift.
- Memorial gifts honour a cherished loved one
- An “In Honour” gift is a meaningful way to commemorate a birthday, holiday or special occasion.
- Memorial Wall: A memorial wall has been established at the Hospice Centre premises, where a plaque is displayed in celebration of a loved one’s life. Plaques can be purchased for $100.00.
- Bequests are designated in wills and administered by the Executor of the estate.
- Insurance – an insurance policy can be donated to Hospice or Hospice can be named as a beneficiary. An Insurance Policy can also be taken out on an individual, with the donor donating the premium and Hospice owning and named as beneficiary of policy.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust enables you to give today, generate instant tax savings and still maintain the income from the donated asset. The assets are transferred to Hospice at a specified time or upon death. Funds in a charitable trust are actually held in a trust. The income is given to the donor and the funds are transferred from Trust to Hospice upon the death of the donor.
- A gift of Residual Interest is a trust fund where the future interest of the asset that you wish to donate is given to Hospice while you retain the use of the asset for life or a specified term.
- A Charitable Gift Annuity allows you to make an immediate gift to Hospice and receive an income for life.
- A gift of Capital property can reduce capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated capital property.
- Hospice can be named as the beneficiary of your RRSP/RRIF.
- Transfer of non registered investments such as stocks. In-kind donations of publicly traded non registered investments can be an excellent form of dealing with stock or mutual funds when the Adjusted Cost Base is either unknown or when a large capital gain might be incurred.
- Cowichan Valley Hospice is a registered non-profit charitable organization and receipts will be issued for all donations
These are just some of the possible options of giving. Please consult your financial adviser to determine the method that might work best for you or contact us at (250) 701-4242 for more information.